Saturday, March 22, 2008

Not What I Was Hoping For.


I woke up this morning later than usual. For me, 9 AM is a good hour to wake up on a weekend. I am a morning person and I love being lazy on weekend mornings, doing nothing except watching stupid YouTube videos and reading about the Habs.

Anyways, back to today. Today I received a phone call at 11:45 from my cousin; I rolled myself out of bed and answered the phone with more of a growl then a "hello"
Anyways.... back to what I wanted to say.

So I was doing my usual Habs reading when I say something that scared me: KOMISAREK OUT MINIMUN 3 WEEKS WITH LOWER BACK INJURY.

Mikey (As I like to call him) is having a career year with leading the league in blocked shots and hits. He brings an irreplaceable playfulness to the locker room.
This will be the first major player that we have lost this year due to injury. It will be exciting to see how O’Byrne will step us his game and try to fill that physical role.

On a more important note. Who will be asked to take over the 8th spot of defense? Will Brisebois play? Dandenault? Or will Streit be moved back to defense?

Personally I would like to rather Streit be moved back to defense, however what would that match ups be. With Komisarek, he was perfect for Markov. Markov is a fast offensive Defenseman who loved to join the rush. But who on our lineup can play that Strong defensive role? The quick answer would be O’Byrne, but I would be scared to place him there because he is still a rookie and is sometimes out of position. Streit? He isn’t a strong enough backwards skater and is sometimes afraid to use his body. Brisebois? Please, don’t even get me started. It is because of this that I feel that Dandenault will get the call.

Check back later for updates.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guillaume Latendresse will also miss the game with neck spasms. Ouch... Anyways, expect Bryan Smolinski and Steve Bégin (YES!!!) back in the lineup. Also expect Streit to play defense. I still would rather dandenault play. But then again, we aren't keepingf him so whats the point. I guess Streit is better in the long run.

________________________________________________-

For the fun of if, try and come up with your own line combinations. Try to think of each players styles and who they would play best with.

3 comments:

Mike L said...

Mine would be:

Andrei-Pleks-Kovalev
Sergei-Koivu-Ryder
Hggins-Grabovski-Lapierre
Begin-Smolinski-Kostopoulus

Markov-O'bryne
Hammerlik-Streit
Gorges-Boullion

Joseph Abdulezer said...

i think they r gonna put ryder higgins and koivu together again

Mike L said...

I came close, the unofficial line up is:

Andrei-Pleks-Kovalev
Sergei-Koivu-Ryder
Hggins-Grabovski-Lapierre
Begin-Smolinski-Kostopoulus

Markov- Gorges
Hammerlik-Streit
Boullion-O'Brybe